A day does not pass in my medical practice when I do not treat someone who is plagued by overwhelming fatigue and a lack of energy. Here are some of the strategies I employ to reverse this condition.
- Poor digestive function makes it more difficult to obtain the nutrients needed for energy. A coated tongue can suggest compromised digestive function. Natural remedies can be used to boost digestive capacity.
- Food allergies and intolerances can inflame the gut which can undermine digestive function. Identifying and eliminating these can help to optimise digestive function allowing easier access to vital nutrients.
- Vitamins, minerals, protein and essential fatty acids are all essential for normal cellular function and the provision of adequate amounts of energy. Assessing these and correcting deficiencies can help to boost energy.
- Hormone imbalances can undermine energy. Identifying and reversing hormonal dysfunction can help with energy production.
- Imbalances of germs in the gut and the lack of beneficial bacteria can also compromise energy. Using the appropriate tests can home in on this disharmony which might help to restore energy.
- The liver is the prime organ responsible for eliminating metabolic garbage. If this is not executed efficiently fatigue can ensue. Assessing and optimising liver function with the appropriate strategies can help with energy revival.
- Genetic testing allows programmes to be individually formatted which might lead to improved outcomes.
- Getting a good night’s sleep can help with restoring energy levels.